Lane Thomas Martin
Email: Contact Lane Thomas Martin | Phone: 575.887.3528 | Fax: 575.887.2136
Lane grew up in Carlsbad, New Mexico. After graduating from Carlsbad High School Lane attended McMurry University in Abilene, Texas. After graduating from McMurry Lane attended The University of Tulsa College of Law in Tulsa, Oklahoma. While attending the University of Tulsa he was member of Phi Delta Phi and the University of Tulsa Energy Law Journal for two years. Lane graduated from the University of Tulsa in 2003 and returned to Carlsbad.
Lane represents individuals and businesses in a wide variety of matters. Lane is experienced and has expertise in labor and employment matters, contract disputes, education law, personal injury plaintiff and defense work, guardianship and conservator proceedings, estate planning, and appeals. Lane is also very successful in representing clients in divorce, child custody, and other family law matters. In recent years his family law practice has grown to be one of the most successful in the area. Lane’s family law practice is unique because it includes experience and expertise with representing families seeking to adopt a child. Lane is extremely familiar with the adoption process, both personally and professionally, and is frequently called upon to give advice to potential adoptive parents.
In his spare time Lane enjoys spending time with his family, reading, and golfing. Lane and his wife, Brittany, have three children. He is a lifelong member of the First United Methodist Church in Carlsbad, New Mexico.
- Family Law
- Education Law
- Civil and Appellate Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Personal Injury
- Estate Planning
- Guardian and Conservator Proceedings
- Divorce and Child Custody Mediation
- Divorce and Child Custody Arbitration
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- New Mexico State Courts
- University of Tulsa, J.D., 2003
- McMurry University, B.A., 1999
Associations and memberships
- American Bar Assocation
- Eddy County and American Bar Associations
- First United Methodist Church, Carlsbad, New Mexico
- Council of School Attorneys (COSA)
- Akins v. United Steel Workers of America, AFL-CIO, CLC Local 187, 2010-NMSC-31, 148 N.M. 442, 237 P.3d 744 (2010)
- Intl. Assoc. of Firefighters v. City of Carlsbad, 2009-NMCA-097, 147 N.M. 6, 216 P.3d 256
- Akins v. United Steelworkers of America, AFL-CIO, CLC Local 187, 2009-NMCA-051, 146 N.M. 237, 208 >3d 457
- Rapid Temps, Inc. v. Lamon, 2008-NMCA-122, 144 N.M. 804, 192 P.3d 799
- Baldonado v. El Paso Natural Gas Company, 2008-NMSC-005, 143 N.M. 288, 176 P.3d 277
- Baldonado v. El Paso Natural Gas Company, 2008-NMCA-010, 143 N.M. 297, 176 P.3d 286
- Leadership New Mexico Connect Program Curriculum Committee Member 2013-present
- Leadership New Mexico Connect Program Graduate 2012-2013
- Board of Directors Landsun Homes Inc.
- New Mexico Domestic Relations Rules Committee 2012
- City of Carlsbad Mayor’s Ordinance Committee, 2010–present
- Eddy County Juvenile Special Master, 2009–present
- Board of Directors Southeastern New Mexico Big Brothers Big Sisters, 2011-2013.
- Staff/Parish Relations Committee First United Methodist Church, 2011-present.
- Pecos River Valley Emmaus Community
- Kiwanis Club of Carlsbad
- Fifth Judicial District Judicial Selection Committees
- Executive Editor, University of Tulsa Energy Law Journal, 2002 – 2003
- University of Tulsa Energy Law Journal, 2001 – 2002
- Phi Delta Phi